Clarence house floor plan – Clarence House is a royal residence in London, situated in The Mall and linked to the Palace of St. James, showing the gardens of the palace. Clarence House has four floors and, not including the attic nor the basement, is lined with stucco. For nearly 50 years, specifically between 1953 and 2002 , Clarence served as Queen Mother’s dwelling. He is currently the official residence of Charles, Prince of Wales and his second wife, the Duchess of Cornwall. As well as the children of his marriage to Lady Diana Frances Spencer, William and Harry. Prince Charles maintains one of his offices at Clarence House. The palace is open to the public for about two months each summer , but tickets must be purchased in advance.
At the request of the Duke of Clarence, who in 1830 became King William IV, The clarence house london was built between 1825 and 1827 according to the design of John Nash. He preferred to live in this house than in the nearby St. James’s palace , which he found too narrow. After Guillermo IV, the house passed to his sister, the princess Augusta Sofía and, after the death of this one in 1840, to the mother of the queen Victory , the princess Victory of Saxony-Coburg-Saalfeld. In 1866, it became home to the second son of Queen Victoria, Alfred of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, also Duke of Edinburgh until his death in 1900.
24 Photos Gallery of: Historical Clarence House Floor Plan
Alfredo’s younger brother, Prince Arthur of Saxony-Coburg-Gotha, used the house between 1900. And his death in 1942, during which time it suffered various damages as a result of enemy bombings. It was used by St. John Ambulancecharity and the Red Cross as its headquarters for the remainder of World War II, before being given to Princess Elizabeth II and her husband Prince Philip of Edinburgh. The daughter of both, Ana , was born in Clarence House in 1950. In 1953, after the death of King George VI, the Queen Mother and Princess Margaretthey moved into the house. Although the latter later moved to an apartment in Kensington Palace.
The clarence house interior has four floors, not including attics or basements , and its facade is covered with a pale stucco . It has undergone major renovations and reconstructions over the years, most notably after the Second World War, to the point that few aspects of the original structure of Nash prevail today. The Prince of Wales moved into the house in 2003 after the house underwent a massive renovation following the death of his grandmother, the Queen Mother. 7 The house has been completely rewired, most of the main rooms were redecorated by interior designer Robert Kime, and an external forklift was added to the building.Incoming search terms: clarence house floor plan